I am a long term photography enthusiast and have been attending demonstrations in the UK and taking images for many years, but as well as documenting protests I enjoy other forms of photography and have been experimenting with different ways of presenting and publishing my work for the world to see.
I am currently experimenting with independent and open source alternatives to mainstream social media based in the Fediverse and beyond, so have a look at my Ipernity, Pixelfed and Mastodon and consider giving them a go if you’re looking for a different experience online.
Finally, see below for links to my other blog (michael-k) where I post about different matters, musings and points of interest.
All my work is copyrighted, but if you wish to get in touch to discuss anything, please contact me using any of the available methods.
- Some more images taken with an old Soviet Zenit E 35mm SLR camera, expired Agfa Vista 200 film and using Sunny 16 to estimate the exposure. Mixed results have ensued, […]
- Years ago I stockpiled quite a few rolls of the Agfa 35mm film you could get in the poundshop. I recently picked up an old Zenit E and using the […]
- Many years ago, more years than I care to think about, at the height of the UK small press comics boom of the 1990s, I self published one issue of […]
- The 45th President’s state visit to the United Kingdom may have been controversial to many but it was convenient to some. Mixed in with the usual bizarre behaviour and the […]
- The nature of politics and protest in the UK has changed beyond all recognition in recent years. The sweeping austerity measures presided over by David Cameron altered the face of […]